Thursday 28 June 2018

Trying out art journalling

Although I've been experimenting with mixed media and have started a junk journal, I've not really explored art journalling properly ... until last weekend ...

I went to an art journalling class at Art From The Heart with the amazingly talented Kate Crane, and with her help, created my first two art journal pages (following her original design and her advice on techniques and colours) 



You probably can't read most of my journalling (part of that is deliberate, part of the creative process), but the bit at the bottom of the second page reads "there are no mistakes in art, only learning opportunities", and that really reflects my experience that day!

So, armed with renewed confidence and some new paints, I had a creative session the other day.  It's not very original, but I really enjoyed creating this and it has encouraged me to keep trying new things and to carry on with my creative journey ...



1 comment:

  1. Fab pages Jackie. Good to see you getting the bug. Kate's a great teacher, very encouraging and patient!

    ReplyDelete