Tuesday 19 February 2019

More quirky scrapping

Sometimes scrapping can be a challenge for me as I am trying to make a record for the future, for us and children and (potential) grandchildren to look at, so often I’m trying to use photos that I wouldn’t choose if I were just doing it for the aesthetic appeal.

Today’s page is a case in point. I really wanted to do a page about the big family party we had, but I had very few photos and those I had weren’t terribly exciting. I liked the colours on these photos and had lots of suitable papers etc in a recent Quirky Kit (see previous blog post), but because of the size and shape of the photos, I struggled to find an arrangement that was pleasing to the eye.

Once I’d found a basic layout that worked, I added a few embellishments. At first it looked quite plain and simple,  jut then I found the little stitched stars. I liked the area of white space in the top right, but it looked too stark compared to the busy papers, so I added a bit of stamping (the bunting is from a set by Aall and Create, the stitched lines are from a Tim Holtz set).  Finally, I’d found my compromise between creativity and preserving the memory ...

As before, the papers and most embellishments are from this month’s Quirky Kit and everything else (except for the stamps) are from previous kits. 

No comments:

Post a Comment