Tuesday 13 February 2018

A new blog - my creative journey

Why a blog?  And why now?  I had a blog several years ago but I lost interest, both in it and in papercrafts in general, for a while.  But a few months ago I went on a scrapbooking retreat, then a little while later went to a workshop at Art from the Heart, and suddenly my mojo has returned and I'm crafting again.  And I want to learn, I want to share.  And my style has changed; you could say it's matured.  I'm experimenting with new products and techniques, including mixed media.  My crafting journey started many years ago, but it's now taking me in new and exciting directions.

So, here are a few photos to show a little of my journey.  And I hope to share more with you over the next few months ...

 This first one is a scrapbook page I made 3 or 4 years ago.  It's fairly typical of what I was doing at the time.  I like it because it's clean and simple and tells the story, but it's not very adventurous
 Now I'm starting to experiment with mixed media.  Here are some tags I made after attending the workshop at Art from the heart. 
 And here is a card I made following ideas from an article in Craft Stamper magazine - in the past I would have used printed papers, but this card started off with all plain white card (plus a little bit of black for the black matts) - all the colour and interest is added using stamps, inks, paints etc.  Such fun to make, and such unique results.




No comments:

Post a Comment