Tuesday 27 February 2018

Dribbly inky background

Following a challenge on the Quirky Kits subscribers facebook group, I decided to try another inky background.  I wanted to use the frame and floral die cut from the most recent kit, so I chose some distress stains to match the main colours (Broken China, Worn Lipstick, Wild Honey and Peeled Paint).  I used a water brush to apply some rather wet blobs of each colour to the top of the page, gave it all a quick spritz with a little more water, then tipped the page up and let it all dribble down.


I placed the die cut on the page and used a water brush to add a faint wash of Worn Lipstick distress stain around the edges, then I stamped the flourishes (from a Tim Holtz stamp set) around the edges in silver ink.  I trimmed the photo to fit the frame, added some minimal journalling, chose some extra embellishments from the Quirky Kit, then stuck it all into place.

Quite a departure from what I usually produce, but I enjoyed doing it and I'm pleased with the end result.

2 comments:

  1. Broken China is one of my favourites... I love the dribbly effect that you got with this :)

    ReplyDelete