Wednesday 7 March 2018

Paint spatters and party matters

I started this layout intending to use plain white card as the background, as I like the clean look of white against bright colours. But once I’d chosen all the embellishments, I thought it looked a little too stark with the plain white ...

... so, I got my paints out.  I found some colours that matched the colours in my papers,watered them down a little, and got messy doing some paint spatters all over the paper. It was great fun and I really like the pop of colour it gives to the finished page.

Most of this is from the most recent Quirky Kit. The floral paper, the “enjoy the little things” paper and the assorted word and phrase embellishments are all cut from papers in the kit. The journaling tag is die cut from the reverse of one of the papers (the “noted” section is from a previous kit). Add in some letter stickers (also from a previous kit) and the coloured enamel dots, stick it all down, and it’s done.

And in case you’re wondering, the Barbie in the title refers to a barbecue, not the doll! It was a fancy dress barbecue party for an Australian relative.

No comments:

Post a Comment