Sunday 25 March 2018

Junk journal - collage

I saw a video on YouTube the other day of a collaged junk journal page being created, so I thought I'd try it out too.

My youngest son bought me a lovely new charm for my Pandora bracelet, and it came with some really pretty packaging - being a crafter, I couldn't throw it away ... so this page contains some of the outside of the bag, some of the pink ribbon  that tied the top of the bag together, plus some of the black cord which formed the handles.  I rooted through my stash and found a paper pad that I bought several years ago but haven't used for ages, and it had exactly the right colour palette that I needed for this project, so I cut and tore some pieces out of that ...



... add in a couple of charms from my stash and a little distress ink (used to stamp the sentiment and to add some texture to the edges), and you have a page created mostly from junk and leftovers.  It was great fun to create and I'll definitely use this style again.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely and unusual way to save the memory, it works really well.

    ReplyDelete