Friday 30 March 2018

Plain and simple

Although I'm enjoying my journey into mixed media and new techniques, sometimes I return to my plain and simple roots.

I'm busy compiling scrapbooks of my favourite family photos from each year - one book per year, 20 pages per book - so I'm limited as to how many photos I can fit in each.  I could fill a whole scrapbook with the photos from our amazing trip to New York, and I probably will sometime soon, but for the purposes of my summary-of-the-year book, I needed to limit it to one page.  I chose three of my favourite photos and eventually found an arrangement for them that seemed to work.



As the photos are very different styles and colours, and I wanted to include some other memorabilia from the trip, I decided that a fairly plain and simple layout would suit them best.  So this time there are no paints, inks, stencils or stamps; I've stuck to papers and simple embellishments.  But in this case, it works for me. I'm sure the messy stuff will reappear next time ...    

1 comment: