Wednesday 21 March 2018

Junk journal - continued

So, having started my junk journal (see previous entry), I've been working on some pages for it.  For this page I decided on something in the style of an art journal, reminding me of my increased interest in experimentation in previous months.

I started by using gesso on the page to hide some paint that had been accidentally transferred when working on the previous page (any tips on how to prevent this gratefully received!).  Then I added brushos in various colours and let them move around a bit, blotting the excess with some rice paper.Once dry, I added some texture paste through stencils in various places.  Once this was dry, I used brushos mixed with water to addd intensity to the colour in a few areas, then I added some random stamping using watered brushos, red paint and gold ink.

Throughout, I was mopping up any excess inks or brushos with rice paper.  When the rice paper was dry, I stamped the sentiment on to part of it, tore it out, then adhered it to the page.  Finally, I added a photo of a recent piece (documented in my first post in this blog here ) and a little bit of journalling to explain the page.

   
I thoroughly enjoyed the process of creating this page and want to work on improving my techniques and composition, but I'll have fun doing it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment